About the network
Inclusive Journalism Cymru’s mission includes:
Creating a range of opportunities for connection, mutual support and learning for those who’ve been marginalised or excluded by the journalism industry.
Transforming the industry
Using their collective power to campaign for systemic change in newsrooms, to create a more inclusive industry which better represents society.
Shifting narratives & rebuilding trust
Confronting prejudice and discrimination by telling stories which reflect diverse perspectives, rebuild trust and help reclaim journalism for all of us.
Inclusive Journalism Cymru has recently been involved in publishing a book of essays by members.
They are also running an Inclusive Media Development Lab – giving members the tools to build sustainable and inclusive media products/organisations of their own.
Name: Shirish Kulkarni
Size: 100+ members
Geographical focus: National
Type of members: Freelancers, Staff journalists
Legal entity: Yes
Open to new members: Yes
- Social issues
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
- United Kingdom
- Community outreach / audience development
- Digital formats / multimedia production / interactive journalism
- Editorial support / project management
- Event organisation
- Social media / marketing
Support/join our network
- Collaborate on editorial projects
- Collaborate on grant applications
- Exchange know-how/trainings
- Join as new members